Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cookies...and Frosting

Today I spent attempting to get things done around the house. Henry hung in there for the morning portion, but by lunch he was sick of the saucer, jumper and pack and play. After lunch we made cookies. Henry 'helped' by holding onto the edge of the bowl while I scooped them onto the cookie sheets. Thank goodness for the Pampered Chef Scoop, one hand no problem.

I have a book of cookie recipes that I had received from my sister as a shower gift. I found out after the fact that is was a garage sale find. (I had a lot of showers...she came to them all!) I believe that I have only made two recipes out of the whole book. So today I hauled it out and said I was going to try something new. It has very tempting pictures so I thought I could find a good one.

I picked the oatmeal raisin cookies. I knew though that Scott would not be thrilled since he had suggested "chocolate chip, or whatever you want." So in an effort to jazz up the raisins I added chocolate chips.

What a bust. Not the chocolate chips, the cookies as a whole.

When Henry and I got up from a nap I noticed Scott had eaten some, but he didn't say anything about them. I admitted that they weren't so great and he immediately chimed in!

While I got supper ready I thought I would try to save the cookies by whipping up some frosting. Great frosting, bad cookies. I think that the frosting is about 1/2 inch thick, and it still isn't a very tasty snack. The cookies pull down the frosting on the yummy scale.

At least there is extra frosting in the fridge now!

No comments: