Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The $15 Lion

Henry decided that sleeping has now become optional. We had been working on getting him to sleep for the majority of the night, but he didn't think this was such a great idea.

Friday night Henry screamed quite a long time - to the point that we thought he must be sick or have something that was hurting him. I was going to bring him into the doctor on Saturday morning, but didn't. Henry seemed fine in the morning and wasn't touching his ears (as he had done all night long). So I figured that we were moving on.

About 11:30pm Saturday night I realized I was wrong. Back to the screaming, arching back and ear pulling.

Sunday Henry was cranky, but somewhat back to normal. Sunday night it all started again, but worse. I think that I got about 3 hours of sleep. By 5:30am we were both crying on the couch.

Unfortunately I had agreed to work Monday (my normal day off) to cover vacations. My mom willingly came to deal with the crying bundle until I could get him into the doctor. Of course by this point I'm feeling like the worst, guilty mom for not bringing him in sooner.

My mom met me at the doctor's office with Henry. We were in and out in five minutes. Henry saw his regular doctor who informed us that NOTHING was wrong. I begged to differ! Nothing was physically wrong with him, but 3 hours of sleep a night is definitely wrong! The doctor's comment was "Henry, if you weren't so cute..." and then gave him a little plastic lion for coming in to visit.

As I paid our copay and walked out I told Henry he was holding a very expensive lion!

2 comments:

Leigh ann said...

I feel guilty for not taking the girls in too, but when you finally decide to do it, they seem bette. So it is a win no win situtation. I know how you feel about the $15 lion, it is even better when it is the $15 nemo or pony sticker that does the trick. I hope he is better and finally getting some sleep.

Sonny Huisman said...

Those little buggers always keep you guessing! it gets a little better when they're bigger, cuz then they can talk and explain to you what's going on . . . but til then . . . $15 dollar stickers and lions will have to due!