Monday, February 5, 2007

It took a blizzard...

Many use the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child," for me, it took a blizzard.

I have constantly been trying to find a balance between home, self and child. I always feel like the days I am home come and go without any accomplishment. I try to 'make changes' in what I do or in my mind set of what I should be doing, but it consistently ends the same. I feel like I'm right where I started, or even further behind.

This weekend's blizzard was the change that I needed for my chaotic life though. After a weekend of leaving the house only once, I did not think I could handle one more day. However, today it was just me and Henry and we had a good day, wait, we had a great day!

I think that when you find the right balance in life, you suddenly have time to get to everything that is important, and maybe even a few things that aren't. Not only did I clean and do laundry (the never ending chores), I also slept in and took a nap with Henry. We played for hours and even had time to just sit on the sofa and look at each other (my favorite part of today). I think that Henry noticed the difference too. By the end of the day he looked more relaxed than normal and basically content. We both were.

God knew that I couldn't take one more day of cabin fever! Instead of going stir crazy, Henry and I went stir HAPPY! Hopefully the snow will fade, but the balance we have uncovered will stick around forever!

No comments: