Monday, January 14, 2008

One, two or three?

Henry's bedtime routine includes a few songs before turning in. He continues to love to ones with motions. A few nights ago he started clapping along, so I tried to think of songs that included clapping. I had to dig back into my sunday school days for a few. We sang Clap Your Hands, and it has become Henry's favorite. He giggles uncontrollably during the "Hosanna" and "Praise Him" parts (this is when we throw our arms in the air).

Tonight I asked him what he wanted to sing and he responded by clapping his hands. So through Clap your Hands we sang.

Henry: "Again!"

So we sang it again...and again...and again. I remembered that you are supposed to sing it faster each time. This just caused more giggles. After 3 or 4 times through I just started singing something else. Henry kept saying "More" after each song.

It was time to wrap it up so I asked him, "Do you want to sing the clapping song, the great song (My God is So Great) or Deep and Wide?"

His response: "Yes!"

No comments: