Monday, January 14, 2008

Henry's Half-Birthday

Today Henry turned 18 months. It is his half-birthday. Scott does not understand my obsession with half-birthdays. I blame this on the fact that he does not have a summer birthday.

I grew up not able to celebrate my real birthday at school - thus the need for a half-birthday. I think that thanks are needed for whatever teacher came up with this fabulous idea. I have every year then made note of January 17, my half-birthday. I used to tell Scott this, even work up to it like a real birthday. He never caught on.

So today, January 14th, Henry and I celebrated his half-birthday. We shopped at the Old Navy sale and split a donut from Meijer. We had a good day.

I did tell Scott of our day, his response, "You and your half-birthdays."

No comments: