Friday, September 5, 2008

The Polite Napper

Today was another day without a nap. It started out as a normal naptime routine. Henry didn't seem overly tired even though he was up early again this morning. He wanted to look at a book as I was leaving, and I let him since he did that yesterday and then fell asleep "reading".

It didn't work out the same way today. I heard him getting more books and doing who knows what for a while. But, rather than having a fight to get him to sleep I left him alone for awhile. I did go in at one point and tell him it was naptime, he didn't really care.

After about an hour I heard him get out of bed and come to the door.

"Mommy?"
"Mommy, can we read now?"
"Mommy, I don't want to take a nap."
"Mommy, may I come out now please?"

How can you say no to such a polite request?

No comments: