Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long Day...Little bits of Humor

Today is the day that just won't end. It started at 6:45 this morning, continued without a nap, and is still going strong. There were a few highlights to the day, going to Auntie O's, lunch from Wendy's and Daddy coming home. Aside from those events, it was a long day of whining and not listening. I'm blaming it on not eating well and lack of sleep for Henry...and me.

I'm starting to appreciate the little things on days like today though. The moment that got me through was when I was rocking Meleah and Henry came in to check things out. He started climbing on the shelves and the following conversation took place:

Me: Henry do not climb on the shelves.
Henry: You may sit on them (still climbing them)
Me: No, you may not sit on them
Henry: You may put your knees on them (as he tries to do this)
Me: No, you may not put your knees on them

At this point he is grinning at me because he knows that he is wrong, but just keeps going. He does have a way of making me laugh.

I'm trying to focus on these little things now as he stands at the door of his room calling to me rather than going to bed.

The long day continues...

No comments: