Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Send in the Duck!

Ever since we started dating I have been able to polish off a bowl of ice cream long before Scott finished. He has always commented on this too. Ususally it is something like "did you even taste that as it went down?" He loves to tell people when the topic comes up that "her spoon hits the bottom of the bowl before I've taken my second bite."

I just shake off the comments because I love my ice cream and don't really care if I eat it quickly or not. I have never gotten a 'brain freeze' or anything similar. I consider this then a skill or talent that I possess. Maybe even a special power!

It was mostly my family that knew of this special power, but it came up yesterday at work. A vendor brought in bagels and I of course had one. I ate it as quickly as my ice cream I guess. The question was then asked "Do you eat like a duck and not even chew your food just swallow?" I was appalled!

So, it got me to thinking...as I inhale my ice cream tonight. I've heard (alternate phrase to "they say") that you really only taste the first two bites of your food and then just swallow the rest. I figure then that if I savor the first two bites it doesn't really matter if I scarf down the rest. I'm sure that this philosophy applies to calories as well, but that is another topic another time.

1 comment:

Sonny Huisman said...

It's good to know that there's another ice cream lover out there!

People say I have a problem . . . like you, I say it's a gift!