Thursday, November 6, 2008

The sneaky pj feet

Tonight I was peeking in on Henry again after Scott put him to bed. There are moments when Henry seems so grown up, but tonight when I looked in on him he was still just my little peanut.

He was loading up his bed with his stuffed friends and some books to read to them. He was wearing his footed pajamas. That is what keeps him looking young to me. He has the same patterned ones that he did last winter, so it got me thinking about how little he seemed then. He has grown a lot in the last year and in so many ways.

As I stood there though, the door creeked just a little. Henry instantly froze and looked towards the door. It is shut far enough that he can't see us peeking in, but we can still see him. He paused just long enough to make sure I wasn't coming in...or just long enough to come up with his "story" as to what he was doing...and then back to his "reading".

So not only has he grown physically and mentally, but also mischievously!

No comments: