Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It isn't over until it's over...

One of my favorite things to do lately is watch Henry after he goes to bed. Notice I said "bed" not "sleep". After we put him to bed Henry usually gets up and turns the light on to read books. When there is a wide enough crack in the door we can watch him without his knowing.

Most nights Henry loads up the books and stuffed animals and reads to them. Sometimes it is out loud and other nights it is much quieter. I would give anything to know what is going through his little mind. The expressions on his face are priceless, and to know what suddenly makes him smile or laugh would be great.

Tonight I had to check in on him due to some tears...and a "stuck" foot. I started to take away the books and Henry tried to keep them. I took them away and his response was "How about I read the duck book for a few while minutes?"

How can you argue?

I told him that he could read that one for a couple of minutes, but then it was time to go to sleep. As I left the room he says in his most angelic voice "Good night mom."

To him all is right with the world.

I have a feeling the night is not over.

No comments: