Friday, February 22, 2008

Sick of Sick

This week has finally come to an end. Monday was typical, then Tuesday morning brought the flu for me. Tuesday night brought the flu for Henry. We each had it a little differently, but it definitely wiped us both out! Wednesday and Thursday were big napping days for us, and we were slowly back to our routine today. Henry seemed like he was getting sick again today, but we're hoping that isn't the case.

Things to be thankful for during a sick week:
-a husband who took the day off to care for Henry while I was sick
-a working washer and dryer (running all Tuesday night)
-enough blankies and stuffed animals to rotate all night long
-enough comfy clothes and pajamas for Henry to wear all night long
-efficient plumbing
-enough "buckets" to go around
-the fact that Scott did NOT get sick
-sick days from work to stay home

and the one that made me smile everytime no matter how gross and tired I was:
-a little voice that would respond "okay" whenever I said "It's okay, mommy's here"

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I'm so SORRY that we "shared" this with your family!!

Janna said...

I think we should quarantine the city for a week. Mandate cleaning of every home with bleach before anyone can enter or exit (now that I finally have energy to clean again). Maybe a day where everyone opens their windows (and freezes the germs away). Now that my family is better, I don't know if I dare interact with anyone else because I'm afraid we'll get it again! Maybe we'll just see everyone in the Spring...or at MOPS on Thursday. :) I hope you all are feeling better this week!