Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Birthday Event 7.14.07

The preparation for Henry's birthday began before the actual day. Of course there was the purchasing of food and tableware, but there was also the cake. This was a dilemma for me. I wanted to make it for Henry myself, but I wasn't sure what to make, or when I would make it. My parents were gracious enough to take Henry and Levi on Friday so that Olivia and I could make the cakes.

We made Henry's cakes to fit his barnyard themed party. They of course took longer than planned, but were adorable in the end. I definitely could not have done it on my own, or with little boys under foot too!










Saturday, the 14th, was Henry's big day! Despite the rain and somewhat cloudy weather, the sun did shine here and there, and Scott's family made their way to the cottage. Henry just loved all of the attention. He received many wonderful gifts and immediately wanted to play with them all. Henry didn't do too much damage to the cake but I think he still had his fill. It was a good time, and we think that Henry enjoyed his special day!



1 comment:

Janna said...

Um...any cake left? It looks great, and it probably tasted good too! The cottage looked like a great place for a party. Can't believe he's one!