Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sleepy Head...No Way!

For the past few nights when Henry goes to bed he is rubbing his eyes and yawning. I lay him down, he pulls his blankie over his head and out of the room I go. This is the normal routine. He is usually asleep within minutes.

This is no longer the case.

56 minutes and counting tonight. 87 minutes last night. There have been a few napping times that I thought he was sleeping...I don't think he ever shut his eyes.

He doesn't cry, just rolls, walks around the edge of the crib, and sometimes talks to himself. I think that he is just trying to act innocently so that we will get him back up.

Scott says let him be. He isn't crying, it is his bed time, so he should stay there. I always feel bad that he obviously isn't as sleepy as I thought and want to get him up. I usually don't though.

Last night I looked in on him and his wide eyes were looking right back at me. Now what? He definitely saw me...I would feel horrible if someone looked at me and then turned and walked away. So, I rubbed his head and turned on his CD. It still took another half hour for him to fall asleep.

I just don't understand. I hit the pillow and am out, sometimes long before I even reach the pillow. Scott is sound asleep within seconds of saying "Amen." I know that Henry is ours, but things like this make me wonder...why didn't he get this trait?

No comments: